The information on this page applies to cancellations, returns and refunds of products purchased on metriful.com. If you purchased your product from another retailer (such as Amazon) please follow that retailer's return procedure.
Cancellation before dispatch of goods
If you change your mind before your items are dispatched, you can request a cancellation by contacting us as soon as possible.
If we are able to prevent dispatch, we will confirm your cancellation and issue a full refund. If the order has already dispatched, you must allow the goods to be delivered and then follow the cancellation procedure for unwanted goods described below.
Cancellation and return of unwanted goods: EU and UK only
You have a right to cancel the contract of sale at any time during the cancellation period, and for any reason. The cancellation period is 14 calendar days, starting the day after the delivery of the goods to your address. You must follow the cancellation procedure (see "How to cancel") to obtain our authorisation before returning goods. Failure to do so will result in the return being rejected.
You must pay the cost of returning the goods to us. We may offer you a return postage service, the cost of which will be stated in advance and deducted from your refund. Alternatively, you can choose to arrange the return postage yourself. You are responsible for the returned goods until they are delivered to us. We therefore recommend that you use an insured and tracked postage method.
How to cancel
- You must make a clear statement to us, sent within the cancellation period, of your decision to cancel. This may be sent to us by email or post and you may use the model cancellation script provided here (use of the script is not mandatory).
- We will acknowledge your request by email, and provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number and a return address. Items returned to us without authorisation will not be accepted.
- Ensure your return items are securely packaged before posting them to us. Enclose your details inside the package by inserting the printed return authorisation email, or by clearly writing the RMA number on a blank piece of paper.
- Post your items to us within 14 days of receiving the return authorisation email.
After being received by us, the items will be inspected and a refund paid to you. Refunds may be subject to deductions, as explained below.
You must take good care of the items while they are in your possession and when returning them to us. Products must be returned in their original branded product packaging.
We will deduct an amount from the refund if you have diminished the value of the goods. For example, if you have handled the goods in a way beyond what might reasonably be allowed in a shop. This includes the product's accessories and branded packaging.
The refund will include any standard shipping costs charged for delivery to you. If you expressly requested a shipping method that is more expensive than the standard cost, we will only refund the standard shipping cost.
If your order benefited from a price discount (for example free shipping) and only part of the order is returned, we may reverse the discount (reducing your refund) if the retained goods would not have qualified for the discount.
We will pay refunds without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
- if there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel.
All refunds will be paid to the same payment card/method which was used for the original purchase payment, unless we agree otherwise. Please allow up to 15 business days for your payment provider to process the refund.
Model cancellation script
To: Metriful Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org
I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of sale of the following goods:
Description of goods:
Ordered on (date):
Received on (date, if received):
Name of consumer:
Address of consumer:
Cancellation and return of unwanted goods: other countriesThe same criteria apply as for EU and UK, except that we will not refund shipping charges.
By law, the products we supply must be of a satisfactory quality, be fit for their intended purpose, and match the advertised description. If the products are defective in not meeting these requirements, you may have the right to receive a refund, partial refund, repair, or replacement of the products.
You should inspect the products carefully after delivery and contact us as soon as possible if any item is defective or missing.
The following time periods are measured from the day of delivery.
- During the first 30 days: you may reject defective products for a full refund.
- After the first 30 days but within 6 months (12 months for Germany): we will repair or replace defective products. If the defect persists, we will provide a full refund.
- After 6 months (12 months for Germany) but within 2 years, and only if you can prove that the fault was present at the time of delivery: we will repair or replace defective products. If the defect persists, we may provide a refund which may be reduced to reflect the period of use of the product.
If you have a defective product, please contact us by email with the following information:
- A description of the problem, with images/video if possible
- The product batch code. This is a 4-digit number found on the back or base of the product
- Your order number
If we ask you to return the defective product, we may ask you to initially pay the cost of return. We recommend that you use a tracked shipping method and retain proof of costs.
If the product is found to be defective (through no fault of your own use), we will refund your reasonable and provable return postage costs. If the product is found to be not defective, we will return it to you without refund.
Last updated: 14 July 2023